Water DayPosted: May 9, 2013
Spurred on by this unseasonably warm, sunny weather, we had to get the farm irrigation systems up and running early this year. Last week, Weston and I walked the blueberry rows and marked all the drip emitters that didn’t make it through the winter. Having a very short assistant is key to this job, because he can see under the foliage to the irrigation mainlines much easier.
This week, I spent a day going back and replacing broken emitters in the blueberry field, and as soon as Stacy was done planting dahlia tubers, we put in the new drip tape system, shown here.
Then, we started watering. Three weeks earlier than last year, a testament to the gorgeous weather we’re experiencing this year. A little more work a little earlier, but we’ll take the sunshine.